[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] removing mailing list prefixes?
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] removing mailing list prefixes?
- From: yahoo-pier_andreit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:22:51 +0200
- To: "email@example.com >> libreoffice discuss" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/08/12 00:28, Florian Effenberger wrote:
I saw today this discussion,:-)
today, a discussion started on the certification mailing list whether we
want to get rid of those mailing list prefixes in the subject, like
[libreoffice-announce], [libreoffice-conference] or [tdf-discuss].
This would be helpful in several ways, like DKIM and other e-mail
signing tools don't break, plus it looks much better in the mail overview.
However, this depends on how people filter their e-mail. Filtering on
the subject line is a *real* bad idea, rather use the List-Post or
List-Id header. However, some mail clients don't support that.
filtering mail is not only put them into a folder, but also group them in a folder like SUSE, KDE or OFFICE, in this case prefix is very useful to have at a glance where that email came from.
Are there mailing lists where we could get rid of this prefix? What do
Me, people, think that is a *real* bad idea to ge rid of prefix!!!! please don't do this!!!!!
I would imagine that for the users list, removing the prefix is a bad
idea, while for other lists, it could work pretty well.
Thank you, ciao, :-))
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-discuss] removing mailing list prefixes?||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[tdf-discuss] removing mailing list prefixes?||Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Re: [tdf-moderators] Re: removing mailing list prefixes?
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] removing mailing list prefixes?
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: [tdf-moderators] Re: removing mailing list prefixes?
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] removing mailing list prefixes?