On 28 December 2011 19:48, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 12/28/2011 09:25 AM, Tony Pursell wrote:
It seems that all the bugs that were in Bugzilla as NEW have been bumped
back to NEEDINFO with the message

"This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The
bug is
changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from
NEEDINFO back
to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or
beta2
prereleases.
Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found
at:http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugHunting_Session_3.5.0.-1";

I have to say this is very irritating where a bug has been logged for
a long time
and re-affirmed may times for new versions of OpenOffice.org, originally,
and now LibreOffice.

That said, however, I am quite willing to test my bug in 3.5, but the
link above is
most unhelpful.  What I need is a way to use 3.5 for testing, while
retaining the
current stable version for everyday use.  Can someone help me with that?
 I am
using Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit on a HP desktop PC.

Tony

Tony, download the 3.5 debs:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
Extract with Nautilus: 'Extract here'
In a terminal cd to:
/LibO-Dev_3.5.0beta2_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US/DEBS and install:

$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb

Do the same for the help file:
/LibO-Dev_3.5.0beta2_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_en-US/DEBS

$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb

That will install the dev version in /opt/lodev3.5. These will not
interfere wihth your existing LO install(s) & will create a profile as
~/.config/lodev/3/user.

Now create a menu or desktop launcher to:
/opt/lodev3.5/program/soffice
and off you go.

Thanks very much for your help on this.  LibO-Dev is successfully installed
and
I have tested for the bug I've been following (no surprise that it is still
there).

Cor has put a comment on the website to reassure that this installation
does not
interfere with the current stable version, but I still think I would have
been in
difficulties without your help.

Thanks again,

Tony