[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling
- From: Michael Meeks <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:45:09 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 23:45 +0100, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
> After getting reports about serious issues hindering efficient mail
> communication through the recent practiced "reply-to mangling" on our
> mailing lists, we from tech team are going for a test setup, switching
> it off for one - most likely this one.
Cool ! :-) having said that, I'd prefer it to be tried on a less
high-volume list, where we could see the utility of attracting more
To me a huge benefit of not reply-to mangling is to allow new people to
interact with the list (and get replies to their mail) without being
subscribed; that provides an easy on-ramp into the project, and
hopefully helps increase contribution: giving our community fuzzy edges.
Of course, I would expect it to be opposed by people who are already
members of a given community, and like not getting personal replies to
messages in threads they start.
> I thought about to advance Italo's great compilation of posting style
> guidelines http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette towards a
> "7 golden rules making it a pleasure to read your mail" style guideline
> flanked by an "adopter's" page where people can out themselves as
> adopters and supporters of that guidelines.
Sounds rather lovely; making mails shorter, sweeter and easier to read
by others (by snipping context, not top-posting etc.) is just basic
politeness IMHO. Great to see Italo wrote that up.
email@example.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling||Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling||Friedrich Strohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Is Microsoft getting worried about free Office suites?
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] overall communication guidelines and reply-to mangling