[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] official forums
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] official forums
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:28:53 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
thanks a lot to everyone for their great and creative contribution to the discussion, which I consider really fruitful. Even if I didn't reply to every message, I read them all.
It is already rather clear, that there is a real overwhelming support for having our own forums. I counted only one or two -1, everyone else was in favor of hosting forums on our own.
So, I am very much in favor of moving forward. I'd like to continue that discussion on the website list, since it technically belongs there, so I'd like to invite everyone to participate in the discussion on the *website* list.
The next steps to me are:
1. Determine which software to use. Some proposals and compilations have come in, namely:
c. http://stackoverflow.com (Alex will provide a VM to test that soon.)
2. Determine whether we will need our own VM, or whether we can host it directly at our machines. (I prefer to have a VM for testing, but then move it to our machines, since we don't have that many available VMs and I'd like to have them for testing stuff.)
With regards to step #1, I am very much in favor of keeping in mind that most users were neither happy with Nabble nor GMANE, and if we want to lower the burden and raise acceptance, we really should use something they know. Remember, it's not about us, who are familiar with mailing lists, but about casual users.
Looking forward to continuing the discussion ;-)
Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-discuss] Re: official forums||Luuk <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] official forums||Robert Derman <email@example.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] Re: official forums||"Olivier R." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[tdf-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] official forums||Fabian Rodriguez <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] [announce DRAFT] TDF announces its new Membership Committee
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] official forums
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Gmane reset?
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] official forums