[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Candidacy for BoD seat
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Candidacy for BoD seat
- From: Andras Timar <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:16:28 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
I would like to announce my candidacy for a Board of Directors seat at
The Document Foundation.
Who am I?
I am Andras Timar, a 37-year-old software engineer and technical
translator, father of 2 children. I live in Budapest, Hungary. During my
professional career I worked on various software localization projects
and besides my paid job I took part of the work of free software
community as a volunteer. I have been working on LibreOffice since the
first day, but I was also contributor of OpenOffice.org and Go-OO
before. Currently I am employed by Novell Hungary and I am working with
the SUSE LibreOffice Team fulltime as a "franchise worker".
What have I done for TDF?
I have helped to build the infrastructure and workflow for LibreOffice
localization. I managed that FSF.hu Foundation – a Hungarian non-profit
organization for promoting free software – donated a fast, dedicated
server + hosting to TDF for running Pootle
(http://translations.documentfoundation.org). I am one of the Pootle
administrators, I help localizers to get started, and I am the one who
commits their work to git. I am member of the Engineering Steering
Committee, representing localizers and being responsible for
localization related issues.
Why do I candidate for a seat in BoD?
Majority of LibreOffice users use the suite in their native language.
Therefore localization is very important and I think that it should be
represented in the Board of Directors. Enabling and helping localization
to many languages, including minority languages – that our competitors
do not deal with – should be a strategic goal of TDF.
Your questions are welcome.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Problems well ordered and qualified in BugZilla? (Was Re: Re: strange page orientation problem)
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Candidacy for Board of Directors seat -- Bjoern Michaelsen
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] candidacy for BoD seat
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Candidacy for BoD seat