I have a failing query.  The curious specificity of the
difficulty has already led me into spending more time than
the problem is worth to me, but I would be glad to work
further if perchance somebody else cares.

The problem is the message "The data content could not be
loaded." when I include a particular field from a particular
table in the select list of a query.  The curious
specificity is that I can with success include char() of
that field in the select list, and I can include the field
in the where clause or the order-by clause.  If I create
another table and from the same SQL DDL and DML statements,
LibreOffice has no problem.  On the other hand, the problem
is again evident with a table which I create with (please
pardon jargon specific to the IBM i) CRTDUPOBJ.

It hurts to give up on a problem, but there is the
possiblity spending a lot of effort with the only result
being a more specific failure message, along the lines of
"You gotta upgrade your remote server to a supported version
of the O/S" or "Please lobby IBM to fix their ODBC driver".

So I ask, does anybody care?

Thanks,
Terry.