[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] feature expansion or bug minimisation?
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] feature expansion or bug minimisation?
- From: anthropornis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:22:00 -0400
- To: email@example.com
Sometimes missing a core feature is a bug, and fixing a bug is adding a feature (particularly if its making an existing feature more ~discoverable~).
So it might be necessary to establish an importance ~hierarchy~ for bugs/features, to determine when something really overlaps both areas. Smaller stuff might be more cut and dry of course, i.e., X is a feature and Y is a bug. But there is some grey area too.
Just my 2 cents.
On 08/11/2011 11:55 AM, e-letter wrote:
A recent feature request prompted the strategic question: what is more
important, minimising bugs or adding new features?
Of course, the ideal answer is to do both (;)), but remember, the
question is to choose only one answer...
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] [Calc] Feature Request - charts : error bars + broken axes
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] feature expansion or bug minimisation?
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] recent LibreOffice survey: missed opporunities
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] feature expansion or bug minimisation?