Hi Christian, All,

This is my fifth attempt to send a response to the list (after previous attempts on 5, 8, 15 and 26 July). I hope it gets through this time.

At 18:21 5-7-2011, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Christophe, *,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Christophe Strobbe
<christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> At 16:14 5-7-2011, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Christophe Strobbe
>> <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
>> > At 23:16 4-6-2011, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> [...]
>> Well, as seen on this list (by Malte's post), apparently there has
>> been work on a *private* cws that nobody in the community (and yes,
>> people who are working on private cws are not part of "the community"
>> in this regard - they are of course for that part of their work that
>> happens in public)
>> All promises IBM is making/has made so far is only lip service for me.
>> I only believe it after I see the actual contributions from them.
>> (And as written I don't consider code dumps that need a man-year of
>> work to get integrated as contribution)
>
> If Oracle asks IBM to implement IAccessible2 on version 3.1 and releases
> OpenOffice.org 3.2 before IBM has submitted the IAccessible2 implementation,
> how is IBM to blame?

Reality check please. 1st of all: What is stuff you know, and what is
stuff you guess?
Do you know that the 3.1 based ia2 dump/work is because Oracle asked for it?
If Oracle asked for it, do you know when Oracle asked for it?
Do you think Oracle really is so stupid to explicitly ask for code
based on an old branch?
If Oracle did ask for it, and IBM did "contribute" - why wasn't the
cws integrated?

CS:
What reality check? I talked to and exchanged mails with people in
Oracle and IBM. Since September 2008 I have been involved in a European
R&D project on accessibility where Oracle (previously Sun) is one of the
biggest partners. So I talked to accessibility folks at Oracle. That
is reality.
Yes, IBM donated an IAccessible2 implementation to Oracle. Malte
Timmermann talked about this at FOSDEM 2011:
<http://www.fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/ooo_accessibility>.

Just like you I don't like secret deals about open source projects.
I agree it is better if code contributions should happen on public
repositories. But that does not mean these things don't happen.