[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist
- From: Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:23:45 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Hi Friedrich, *,
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier
> Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
>>On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Larry Gusaas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> Gmail very capable for mailing lists.
>>Except for the very one drawback you just demonstrated:
>>When changing the subject, gmail will break the thread (start a new
>>one) as it will remove the references from the reply.
> Can't confirm. References are O.K. here.
I was fooled by the gmail address and by gmail showing it in a different thread.
Larry's message is OK, becasue it wasn't sent from within gmail, but via gmane.
> So it's an accidently damage or a gmail ./. gmail prob (If I interpreted
> headers well).
No, it is a general problem. Whenever you change the subject in gmail,
gmail removes the references and that causes a new thread.
And (that was new to me) it will also /display/ messages with
different subjects in a seperate thread. But that is apparently a new
thing/depends on other factors.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions||"Craig A. Eddy" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist||Larry Gusaas <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist||Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist||Friedrich Strohmaier <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: Communication in Mailinglist