[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions
- From: "Craig A. Eddy" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 07:51:00 -0700
- To: email@example.com
Recently (like 4:00 AM local time, November 20, 2010) I downloaded the
.tar.gz of the .deb files from TDF
On unpacking the archived files I discovered that LO is subjecting poor
unsuspecting users to the same problem that OOo has been famous for:
there is no obvious way to start to install the files. Dependencies for
each .deb have to be met, but nothing indicates the order with which to
install them. When dealing with 52 .deb files it's like trying to do a
jigsaw puzzle where all distinguishing marks have been filed off.
It would be much easier if there were a single meta-package that would
act as the start point. Failing that, at least an ordered list that an
individual could refer to.
The object of LibreOffice, as with any other program, is to be used.
But if one has to try to map the labyrinth in order to do so, one won't.
Would you please consider making it easier for the end user?
Unsubscribe instructions: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines: http://netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived ***
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions||Stefan Weigel <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions||"Alexandro Colorado" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] [UI] Possible roadmap
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] [UI] Possible roadmap
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Request: Installation Instructions