[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Subject: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- From: Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:23:24 -0400
- To: email@example.com
On 2010-10-09 5:23 PM, Scott Furry wrote:
> As you suggest, there is the core software, and is also a host of
> software applications (some even have their own QA/Testing programs -
> Mozilla being a prominent example).
> If that's what openSUSE does, great! But users of other distributions
> have different needs and level of knowledge. They have chosen their
> distribution/platform. Should LibO not respect that user decision?
Pretty much every distro I know of has extra/additional repositories
that include up to date versions of user applications, it just requires
the user to enable access to them.
There are many reasons to stay with the distros package management
system, and many ways to do so but still get access to 'the latest' (or
maybe just a minor version point or two behind)...
To unsubscribe, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Survey|Opinion - LibreOffice Install and Update
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] List available at GMANE
- Previous by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)