[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Subject: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- From: Scott Furry <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 15:23:24 -0600
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 09/10/10 03:13 PM, RGB ES wrote:
2010/10/9 Scott Furry<email@example.com>:I disagree.
And IMO that is the point. Distributions will only incorporate into theAnd is that wrong? If you want "the last" on your computer "as soon as
releases what /they feel/ is appropriate.
possible", then you need to change to a rolling release distro...
There is a reason because there are so many distros out there: they
are different. If you need to upgrade the very second there is a new
version of software X then you need a bleeding edge distro,
As you suggest, there is the core software, and is also a host of software applications (some even have their own QA/Testing programs - Mozilla being a prominent example).
If that's what openSUSE does, great! But users of other distributions have different needs and level of knowledge. They have chosen their distribution/platform. Should LibO not respect that user decision?
Holding back on incorporating another software program, from my understanding, is done because of distribution revision testing/development.
AFAIK, some distributions (for example Debian stable/unstable/testing/experimental) show a tendency to not incorporate software major revisions (i.e. software ver x.y.z increases from 1.1.1 to 2.0.0) . Should users be punished because the development cycles of the distribution and software group are different?
To unsubscribe, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Survey|Opinion - LibreOffice Install and Update
- Previous by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)