[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Subject: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- From: Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:06:19 -0400
- To: email@example.com
Le 2010-10-08 17:00, Scott Furry a écrit :
On 08/10/10 02:53 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2010-10-08 16:47, RGB ES a écrit :Marc,
Would this be a security headache?AFAIK, go-oo people maintained a yum repository. So it is possible.
Could this work for the average user?
Does this not seem a convenience for the end-user community at large?
Others could mirror this repository, but this would be the "upstream
source" for both users/distributions.
Are there other factors I'm missing?
From a marketing point of view, this would be in LibO's interest as
the update to LibO would then be a no brainer even from the user point
of view. Almost a form of "pushing" the LibO updates/upgrades through
without having to go through distro packaging.
In this case, then, it would be a case of having a dedicated
dev-packager for each flavour of packaging system used by the distros.
That sums it up rather nicely. ;)
I had not heard of Go-OO ( http://go-oo.org ) before until this
Visiting their page, it seems like they have the kind of distribution
model that we could leverage.
Are you talking of the "Universal Linux" on this page? http://go-oo.org/download/
If so, how would a user be able to add this easily as a repo if he were using a system such as Mageia (Mandriva) as I am using? (Just as an example.)
To unsubscribe, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)||Scott Furry <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Oracle copyright on LibreOffice ?
- Previous by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)