[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Subject: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- From: Benjamin Horst <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:56:31 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Oct 8, 2010, at 4:05 AM, Scott Furry wrote:
> Unfortunately, AFAICR only one Mac user identified them self and commented on this topic. So apologies to the Mac User crowd (I now you're out there somewhere) ;-)
> I would very much like to hear from the community on this one (and you Mac users - don't be shy).
The Mac installer currently works using the standard disk image approach. Download and expand the file, and you get a ".dmg", which opens as a virtual disk. Copy the application package from this virtual disk into your Applications folder, and you've installed the app.
As for an auto-updater, it would be as welcome on Mac OS X as anywhere else, in my mind. Firefox accomplishes it in the same way as on Windows. (Identically from the end user experience. As for the technical approach, I don't know.)
To unsubscribe, e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)||Scott Furry <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Proposal for a more updated and modern standard icon theme.
- Next by Date: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Previous by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)