[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- From: Jon Hamkins <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 14:15:22 -0700
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
On 10/04/2010 06:45 AM, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Charles Marcus
> <CMarcus@media-brokers.com> wrote:
>> If a problem document contains information that cannot be shared, the
>> user either sanitizes it or doesn't share it.
> If we have to help MSO users migrating to ODT,
> I suggest that we need to focus on
> MSO 2007, 2010 -> ODT conversion
> and forget about the older MSO formats.
> The reasons are
> 0. Basically the conversion works OK
> 1. We dont have to enough resoures.
> 3. MSO formats older than 2007 will fade out
> 4. Suggest them to keep the files as is, and using ODT when creating new fi
I agree MSO 2007 and 2010 should be the priority, but a big advantage of
LibO could be that it *can* read older formats. Government regulations
and company policies often require documents to be retained for years
and sometimes decades. MSO 2007+ no longer allows opening MSO <97
documents, because it is unable to do so securely. If LibO can open
these older documents, it's one more reason to switch away from MSO.
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: US Group Status ( was: Re: [tdf-discuss] Media contact for the USA )
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Moderators needed
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions