[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking
- From: Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>
- Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:41:22 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 2010-10-02 4:36 PM, André Schnabel wrote:
> On 2010-10-02 4:07 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
>> Charles Marcus schrieb:
>>> There needs to be a really easy way for users to report bugs -
>>> then triagers can confirm these bugs, and make sure they get
>>> reported properly in the main system...
>> I heavily support this idea. I also saw different bugtracking
>> systems. None of them can serve users, because all are developer
>> tools to manage bugs and enhancement requests in a effective way.
>> Thus each of them has to represent the complexity of that task.
>> There always will be needed human filtering to avoid messed up
>> bugtracking systems and developers. No problem with an enthusiastic
>> Community ;o)).
> So I read this correctly and you volunteer as bug-filter? :)
Not sure what you mean by 'bug-filter', but I would absolutely volunteer
to help in triaging (confirming it is a real bug/document formatting
problem, making sure it isn't a known issue, etc) end user bug reports
and problem documents.
1. Making it simple for end users to report bugs means more bug reports
will be made, and
2. Providing a way for non-developers to assist in triaging said bug
reports means those bug reports will be filtered/confirmed before being
reported to developers, so less developer time will be wasted
non-developers can make meaningful contributions to the process.
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking||Nguyen Vu Hung <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking||"Traduction.BIZ" <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions||Joe Rotello <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions||Alexandro Colorado <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking (was:LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions)||Friedrich Strohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] [GENERAL] New name
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] User participation - bugtracking