[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- From: Peter Hillier-Brook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:39:03 +0100
- To: email@example.com
On 29/09/2010 13:23, Joe Rotello wrote:
Suggestions for LibreOffice...most are general area ideas or
NOT yet listed in any order of what might need to be done first,
1. Libre users, both new Libre users or those coming over from
OpenOffice 3.2.x, NEED to know just where Libre is, compared to
OpenOffice 3.2.x...Is Libre built ON Ooo 3.2.x ? Is Libre branching
off from Ooo 3.2.x ? Does Libre have all the same functions
(separate applications) that firstname.lastname@example.org
Alredy, we can see that Libre has a few features that are not seen
in Ooo 3.2.x, and that seems to be a good sign of Libre progress.
Unless Libre users, both new Libre users or those coming over from
OpenOffice 3.2.x, have an idea of just where Libre sits right now,
then likely confusing situations may develop, if not already.
Strongly seconded! Whilst it would be desirable for Oracle to join the club, it would be naive to expect them to and thus we will have a de facto fork. Some knowledge of the baseline and the development resources available to the Foundation would provide encouragement to current OO.o supporters and potential new users.
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions||Sean Carlos <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions||Joe Rotello <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] dvd/cd-rom
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions