Invitation to in-person board meeting in Brno on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Dear colleagues,

per § 9 I of our statutes [1], the Board of Directors is required to have one formal meeting per year, with both the invitation issued and the agenda fixed no later than two weeks in advance.

I hereby, in my role as Chairwoman of The Document Foundation, officially invite the Board of Directors, the Membership Committee as well as their deputies to a formal meeting on

           Saturday, September 10th,
           at 08:45 local time,
           at Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99, 612 45 Brno (fifth floor meeting rooms)

Please plan in enough time for entering the venue.

In case you cannot personally attend the meeting, per § 9 II you can nominate another board member or a deputy to represent you. Please do so publicly on this mailing list, in time before the meeting. Be advised that only one representation is possible per representative.

The agenda is as follows:

1. Welcome and introduction
2. Formal invitation, representation and quorum
3. Overview of past activities, finances and budget for 2016
4. Planning and strategy for 2017
           4.1. Strategy, finances and budget
           4.2. Entities and partnerships
           4.3. Events (participating and hosting)
5. Community building and focal points
6. Various

As per § 9 III of our statutes, at least 1/2 of the board must take part in the meeting or be represented in order to have a quorum.

Certain changes to the statutes require the non-represented, personal presence of every board member, as per § 15 III, with the need of the decision to be taken unanimously.

While the meeting is a private one, decisions and results will be made public as soon as possible, given our approach of transparency, taking into account § 8 III c 2nd sentence.

Looking forward to meet all of you in Brno,
Marina

[1] http://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf