Board of Directors Meeting 2016-06-20

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2016-06-20
Call Minutes

Location: Phone Conference Room

Session chair: Michael Meeks
Keeper of the minutes: Florian Effenberger

In the call: Michael, Thorsten, Osvaldo, Björn, Norbert, Florian, Kendy

Representation: Norbert for Marina, Björn for Simon

Deputy Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at the time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members or their representatives are attending the call.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.

The meeting commences at 17:05 Berlin time.

Public agenda:

==
1. Discussion: OSBA Interop Working Group (Thorsten)
     How we can get members and/or the AB involved.
     + re-suscitating this
         + 1st round was reasonably successful - Lanedo/SUSE
         + 2nd round was struggling with two different projects/branches
         + 3rd round - should have stake-holder meeting at LibOCon
             + broad agreement to focus on LibreOffice
     + should we call out to all the TDF members.
     => lets just do it.

Public call ended at 17:10 Berlin time

We're making the following items of the private agenda public now in accordance with our statutes:

=
2. CIB - pondering Google Adwords with LibreOffice (Thorsten)
     + approved in the past Itomig, .Riess, Cor, Collabora
     + unanimous approval:
        => enable for CIB too (Florian)
AI: + provide account number of account to Florian (Thorsten)

3. Collabora / AB proposal (Michael)
     + suggestion TDF to resource releasing LOOL concurrent with 5.2
       + Norbert: it's a source release, still we should make sure it's building/working
           + VM => we know that at least this one works
     + [redacted]
     + on top, provide tinderbox, plus something like CODE for community development, QA etc / rather barebones, just LibreOffice
     + timeline: 5.2 release, around that time
     + LOOL for members, suitable for daily use or demoing, to be plugged into TDF ownCloud instance
     + [redacted]

Private call ended at 17:55 Berlin time

Michael Meeks (Session chair)
Florian Effenberger (Keeper of the minutes)