Candidacy for the Board of Directors

Dear members of the Board of Trustees

I am Eliane Domingos de Sousa, 42, Brazilian member of The Document Foundation and currently member of the Board of Directors. I run for re-election.

I have my small company that does services around LibreOffice technology and ecosystem. My company also deals with other open source technologies. I teach classes on LibreOffice and my associates do consulting in LibreOffice for my customers.

What have I done for LibreOffice

In the last couple of years I acted as member of the BoD of TDF, but I am involved with LibreOffice and TDF since the beginning.

I employed all the means I had to develop the use and the brand of LibreOffice in Brazil. Since 2011 I managed to run social networks around LibreOffice. In Brazil, and with the help of the community we have Google Plus, FaceBook, Youtube and Twitter dedicated to LibreOffice and in Portuguese. Links for social networks:
https://www.facebook.com/libreofficebr [3] |
https://twitter.com/libreofficebr [4] |
https://www.youtube.com/libreofficebrasil [5] |
https://plus.google.com/111150711502630826613 [6]

LibreOffice Magazine is one of the achievements I am proud to be the main editor and diagrammer. This bi-monthy e-magazine is completely done in LibreOffice and is covers all aspects of the LibreOffice community, including how-to's, case studies, interviews and also on FOSS. In december, its 18th edition will be released. Link for magazines:
http://pt-br.libreoffice.org/projetos/revista [7]

I also participated in almost every open source business event in Brazil, either sponsored by the private industry as well as from the government, representing LibreOffice and The Document Foundation. In the last 5 years, I gave lectures on LO in events, schools, I participated in round tables and workshops, and managed LibreOffice booths in almost 45 business events in Brazil.

I also manage and publish news in the Brazilian LibreOffice blog, as well as our pt-BR portal. Many of you have already seen all the graphic designs I did for the blog posts as well as the social networks I manage with the community. Link for blog: http://blog.pt-br.libreoffice.org/ [8]

What I intend to achieve in the Board Of Directors.

The BoD position is an important position for the community.

I intend to be an active voice of the community inside the Board. A careful mix between non-developers and developers in the board is important to bring TDF close to its users and supporters.

So, this is what I do for the project in Brazil. I have an enormous passion for the project, an enormous pride to be part of TDF and I'll try to do my best.

I'm available to answer any questions.

Best