Publication of ledgers

Dear community,
Dear members,

we are glad to announce we have finally begun publishing our accounting ledgers to the general public. As part of our transparency and openness principles, TDF is committed to publishing its accounting ledgers on a regular basis from now on.

Accounting is done by a professional accountant, and the resulting ledgers are slightly anonymized and translated. The style of the ledgers is defined by our tax/accounting requirements and changes are possible only on a very limited basis. However, TDF is happy to receive feedback and comments especially on the translations, so we can incorporate these in future ledger translations.

So far, all ledgers from the previous quarter are online, April and May will follow very soon, most likely today or tomorrow.

You can find them at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Ledgers

That being said, thank you very much for your ongoing support, your valuable contributions and your donations, which make TDF what it is today and contribute greatly to the ongoing success of the LibreOffice community!

I'd like to also thank Sophie Gautier for her work on getting the translations in place - thank you very much, Sophie!

Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

we are glad to announce we have finally begun publishing our accounting
ledgers to the general public.

[...]

You can find them at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Ledgers

This is just to mention that monthly ledgers up to and including July
are now available from the above page - thanks a lot, Sophie and
Florian!

I'll probably not announce every monthly update here (unless people
explicitely find this useful); instead interested parties are
encouraged to add the wiki page to their watch list for timely update
emails.

Let me instead take the opportunity to thank all sponsors for your
generous, continued support of TDF's mission. As you can see from the
financials, TDF enjoys a wonderfully stable stream of donation income.

All the best,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

This is just to mention that monthly ledgers up to and including July
are now available from the above page - thanks a lot, Sophie and
Florian!

I'll probably not announce every monthly update here (unless people
explicitely find this useful); instead interested parties are
encouraged to add the wiki page to their watch list for timely update
emails.

Let me instead take the opportunity to thank all sponsors for your
generous, continued support of TDF's mission. As you can see from the
financials, TDF enjoys a wonderfully stable stream of donation income.

All the best,

-- Thorsten

Many thanks to all who are involved with making this possible ... a gutsy move on the part of the TDF and very nice to see that the .ods file format is being put to very visible practical use.

It is both nice to see the TDF keep to its intent of being as transparent as possible AND being mindful of showing how the ODF and LibreOffice platform can be used in real-world applications by using it in-house.

Thanks!

Marc

I'll probably not announce every monthly update here (unless people
explicitely find this useful); instead interested parties are
encouraged to add the wiki page to their watch list for timely update
emails.

I can add a link to the ledgers to the monthly newsletter. I will start
working on the August one tomorrow.

- --
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
mobile +39.348.5653829 - email / jabber italo@libreoffice.org