Candidacy to the Membership Committee

Hi all,

I would like to announce my candidacy to the Membership Committee of The Document Foundation.

The Membership Committee is an important part of the structure of TDF, and I think I can help on this job, on this Committee.

I’m acting in IT, more deeply connected with Free/Libre/Open Source Software - FLOSS since 1995, and helping with the LibreOffice (and with TDF) since the beginning, since I am a founding member from TDF. But I’m also helping since 2007, when the OpenOffice was needing a pt_BR translation. On that moment, I involved some college students from the University where I worked and, in a few weeks, we already had a fully pt_BR translation for OpenOffice.

I have a few years of experience in applications processes, not only in Open Source communities, but also at University Programs and International Research Programs for IT.

For several years, I acted directly with code development. From some years ago until now on, I have done over 100 lectures for over Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay, teaching how to set up research groups to FLOSS, and I also have established relationships with other research institutions and/or Universities in USA and Germany, to foment and to promote joint tech development programs, always under free licenses. Right now, I am also coordinating a research team for open technologies.

I’m one of the translators from the LibreOffice Magazine Brazil, I’m writing articles for this magazine since the first edition and I’m help TDF as list moderator for pt_BR.

And, for sure, I help the members from TDF, as translator, always when they need, to present their ideas or simply when they would like to have a talk, at congresses in South America, and so on.

​Name: David Emmerich Jourdain

Email: jourdain@documentfoundation.org and jourdain@gmx.de

~75 words candidacy statement:

“I really would appreciate to help TDF in the Membership Committee, because I have a good overview about TDF and LibreOffice, and what can we do to spread the use of the LibreOffice. I’m with LibreOffice and TDF since the beginning, and I helped also with OOo previously. I’m developer, translator, research team coordinator and lecturer, always promoting FLOSS. I really will be honored to help TDF and the LibreOffice community in this activity.”

That’s all Folks!

If you need to know more about me, you can call me in German, Spanish, English and Portuguese. And if is REALLY needed, you can also call me in Italian.

All the best,