Candidacy for a seat in the TDF Board of Directors

Hello,

I herewith nominate myself as a candidate for the TDF Board of Directors
elections.

My name is Eike Rathke, I live in Hamburg, Germany, and I work full time
on LibreOffice, employed by Red Hat, Inc.

Being a code developer (or hacker by heart..) I'm mainly engaged in the
areas of the Calc spreadsheet core engine, internationalization and
locales, and lately implemented the language tag support; some may know
my nick erAck on IRC. I have been active in the LibreOffice project
since 2011 and was in the TDF Membership Committee since 2012 from which
I recently resigned to candidate for the board elections. My traces with
the code and project go back to the very beginning of OOo when I was
with Sun Microsystems and even earlier when I worked for Star Division
on StarOffice. Been that much time around, LibreOffice to me is almost
like a child that is now grown up and still evolving :wink:

I'm an ardent supporter of Free Software, in the TDF board I see my
responsibility to continue the excellent work the current board has
achieved and further grow the foundation and support its purposes and
provide LibreOffice the home it deserves as a project, code base and
community of different cultures. Speaking of cultures, I hope the board
will represent a balanced mix of aspects of the LibreOffice project, not
only across regions but also across different activity fields such as
engineering, design, quality assurance, marketing and administration.
This to ensure that the foundation and its projects are seen as a place
of professionalism worth to invest in and work with.

Full name: Eike Rathke
Email address: erack@redhat.com
Corporate affiliation: Red Hat, Inc.

~75 words candidacy text:

I, Eike Rathke, candidate for a seat on the Board of Directors of The
Document Foundation. I am a LibreOffice core code contributor, working
full time on the code base employed by Red Hat, Inc. I have been around
with the project and TDF since 2011. I want TDF to grow and continue to
be a prosperous community that creates and maintains the framework and
conditions for a successful LibreOffice development in all its aspects.

Regards
  Eike