[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] BoD minutes from 2012-05-02
- Subject: [board-discuss] BoD minutes from 2012-05-02
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:49:31 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
find attached the meeting minutes from the BoD meeting on May 2nd. Sorry for the long delay.
This message is to be archived by the BoD and its deputies.
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Date: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
Location: Phone conference room
Keeper of the minutes: Jesús Corrius (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)
Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Caolán McNamara (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Jesús Corrius (Board of Directors Deputy)
Representation: Andreas Mantke is representing Olivier Hallot, as confirmed on the public mailing list. Jesús Corrius is representing Charles-H. Schulz.
Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call, two of them being represented by a deputy.
The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.
The call is quorate.
From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.
1. TDF Certification Program
Discussion: What is missing is the vote from the BoD. We still need some time to make things clear, but we will start certifying the active first and then the third parties. We want to make sure that they have the right attitude as some companies don't have a free software culture and don't understand licenses, etc. We'll have a meeting at LinuxTag with the interested parties and a launch announcement next week. It will start officially in June. It's important that this project is not driven by a single person and also to push everybody to be active in the community.
Request: Approve the certification program as outlined in the wiki.
Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: The certification program has been approved.
2. Capital stock investment
Discussion: Not everybody should have online access to it, it's too risky. Andreas will talk to Volksbank. It's better to invest the capital in a long-term, environmental-friendly, social responsible fund. Andreas will discuss this with Björn.
3. LibreOffice Conference
Discussion: The date for the LibreOffice Conference is not public yet. The public days will be Oct. 17-19. The private days will be announced soon in a PR next week.
4. Editing the membership application/renewal form
Discussion: The form on our website still points to the old bylaws. The MC should change this.
5. Simon's proposal on a collateral scheme
Request: Vote on the approval of Simon's propsal.
Result of vote: 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: Simon's proposal on a collateral scheme has been approved.
Meeting minutes approved:
Jesús Corrius, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair
Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] T-shirts with LibreOffice logo
- Next by Date: [board-discuss] BoD minutes from 2012-05-30
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] T-shirts with LibreOffice logo
- Next by thread: [board-discuss] BoD minutes from 2012-05-30