[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[board-discuss] Collateral Scheme
- Subject: [board-discuss] Collateral Scheme
- From: Simon Phipps <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 00:19:50 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
Summary: I propose a scheme for LibreOffice supporters to get materials to use at events. I ask for collaborators and I request an OK for the Board.
== Explanation ==
You may recall that Jean Hollis Weber made a great offer to LibreOffice from the Friends of OpenDocument group a few weeks ago (March 11th). She said they hold a comfortable sum of money on behalf of LibreOffice and went on to say:
> Instead of giving the LO money to The Document Foundation
> for general expenses, we think it is better to make it available to
> cover expenses that The Document Foundation can't or won't
> deal with. Some examples might be the cost of marketing
> materials (including copies of the user guides) for tables at events,
> attendance at events aimed at potential and actual customers
> (librarians, educators, etc), or just about anything that would be
> valuable for spreading awareness and growing the community
> and the customer base.
I contacted Jean offline and asked more about this. We talked through the proposal I'm going to make now, and in order to make it feasible I applied to and have been granted membership of Friends of OpenDocument Inc.
=== Proposal ===
It would be great if LibreOffice advocates around the world were able to get hold of posters, leaflets, maybe even t-shirts and table displays, in support of LibreOffice at user groups, conferences and the like. One way to do this would be to create items on an online store such as Lulu, CafePress or SpreadShirt (or equivalents accessible to other geographies) run on behalf of both TDF and Friends of OpenDocument. We at the Friends could then purchase items at cost and have them shipped to the event organiser.
I am willing to set up and administer such a store and work with the Friends to authorise and make purchases, but I have no graphic skills whatsoever so would need others to help create items, upload and maintain them.
It's not my proposal at this stage to create a TDF Store for public purchases, but it's obviously a possible future development.
== Call for Action ==
* Who would be willing to collaborate with me on this?
* Is there an upcoming event we can set as a goal so we have a target (lat May-early June)?
* Board: Will you give this scheme your agreement please?
|Re: [board-discuss] Collateral Scheme||Michael Meeks <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [board-discuss] TDF Certification
- Next by Date: Re: [board-discuss] Collateral Scheme
- Previous by thread: [board-discuss] updated translation of statutes
- Next by thread: Re: [board-discuss] Collateral Scheme