Re: [board-discuss] Market Share

Hi Jaime,

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 20:13 +0100, Jaime R. Garza wrote:
> does anyone have a reliable source for the actual Office Suite Maket Share?

Not really a question for the board list :-)

> Basically I need to know how is LibreOffice/OpenOffice, GoogleDocs and
> MSOffice.

Back in 2010 this study was done:

http://www.webmasterpro.de/portal/news/2010/02/05/international-openoffice-market-shares.html

Presumably the market has changed a fair bit since then, and I'd expect
the results to work only for Windows.

Of course, you need to read the stats at the bottom, caveats about
expired MS Office test versions etc.

Last I saw numbers for Google Docs it was in the 40m user range, by
contrast in 2000 Wordperfect's user-base was estimated at 35m users or
so.

HTH,

Michael.

--