[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[steering-discuss] freezing membership applications
- Subject: [steering-discuss] freezing membership applications
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 16:32:34 +0100
- To: email@example.com
sorry for this much spam today. ;-)
Duty of the newly elected BoD is to decide whether we should freeze membership applications, or whether we should simply not allow members new during the MC election period to vote.
From my POV, it is much "cleaner" to not accept new members during the election period, and freeze applications until the new MC is in place This will prevent confusion who is eligible to vote and who isn't, and will also prevent any possible conflict of interest, since it would be the existing MC, from which some members might run for elections, to decide on these applications.
So, +1 from my side for freezing membership applications during the election period (see André's timeline for details).
Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [steering-discuss] freezing membership applications||Norbert Thiebaud <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] appointing Thorsten as election officer for MC
- Next by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee
- Previous by thread: [steering-discuss] appointing Thorsten as election officer for MC
- Next by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] freezing membership applications