[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee
- Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:10:18 +0100
- To: email@example.com
André Schnabel wrote on 2011-10-26 21:48:
as we have discussed previously, the paragraphs about the membership
committee in the current statutes draft differ in some points from what
we have in the bylaws. I hope, I can provide a translation of the
relevant paragraphs early next week. But I want to have some discussion
on the matter already in the first BoD meeting.
a short summary from the last call:
- For the legal set-up of the foundation, we need the elected names. This would not happen before December 6th.
- In case we have authority approval for the foundation set-up before, this would delay the set-up until the 6th. (NB: When we will have authority approval is hard to predict, but more on that soon on a blogpost.)
- For the inital set-up of the foundation, the founder (German association of FrODeV) is free to name anyone for the MC. They will of course stick to the voting decision. As soon as the foundation is in place, however, we have to stick to the election rules set forth in our statues, and they foresee a 45 day advance notification period of the elections.
- In a nutshell, this means: We either can decide to nominate the current MC as the first MC and have a "gentlemen's agreement" that they step back as soon as the foundation is in place, leading to new elections about 45 days later on.
- Or we indeed wait until the current election is done and nominate those voted on for the first MC.
Although it might mean a delay, I tend to go for the latter option. This is much "cleaner", and as we don't know if we will have authority confirmation before the 6th, we're basically talking about a delay of 2-4 weeks, so be it.
Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee||David Emmerich Jourdain <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee||André Schnabel <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [steering-discuss] size of to be elected MC
- Next by Date: [steering-discuss] BoD and deputies: vote on fixed times for regular BoD calls
- Previous by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee
- Next by thread: Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee