Berlin, October 27, 2014 - The Document Foundation (TDF) joins the Open
Source Business Alliance (OSB Alliance), to strengthen LibreOffice
ecosystem by creating stronger ties with companies and organizations
deploying the free office suite on a large scale.

The aim of OSB Alliance is to improve the success of open source
software and open collaboration, through the dissemination of
information, the creation of positive conditions for software developers
and users, and the active networking between all players. Within this
environment, interoperability plays an important role for everyone, and
especially for enterprise users.

"The Open Source Business Alliance has been a key stakeholder for
LibreOffice, and for several members of the LibreOffice ecosystem. They
have funded several interoperability features with Microsoft OOXML, and
are an important source of information on the situation of large
LibreOffice deployments", says Thorsten Behrens, TDF Chairman.

"As OSB Alliance working group leader for office interoperability I very
much welcome the membership of The Document Foundation. The active
participation of this renowned nonprofit organization in our working
group is very welcome," said Matthias Stürmer, while OSB Alliance
Chairman Peter Ganten added: "Open Source Office Software like
LibreOffice has always been very important to most of our members, and
there is a long and successful history of cooperation between the OSB
Alliance and the respective projects. For this reason we are very happy
to have The Document Foundation in our organization and are looking
forward for a great continuation of our cooperation."

Business users will appreciate that the quality of LibreOffice code is
the highest for projects of similar size. According to Coverity Scan,
the quality has improved tenfold during the last couple of years, with
the number of defects per 1,000 lines of code being reduced from 0.8 to
0.07 thanks to the solution of 6,000 problems. LibreOffice is by far the
largest project to have achieved such an outstanding quality, with over
9 million lines of code.

About the Open Source Business Alliance

The Open Source Business Alliance (OSB Alliance) is Europe's biggest
association of companies and organizations developing, building and
using open source software. The aim of the OSB Alliance is to improve
the success of open source software and other forms of open
collaboration. The OSB Alliance achieves its objectives, through the
dissemination of information, the creation of positive conditions for
producers and users, as well as through the active networking of
manufacturers, customers and service providers. Interoperability between
different open source systems and proprietary software in particular
plays an important role. See http://www.osb-alliance.de.

About The Document Foundation

The Document Foundation is an independent, self-governing and
meritocratic organization, based on Free Software ethos and incorporated
in Germany as a not for profit entity. TDF is focused on the development
of LibreOffice - the best free office suite ever - chosen by the global
community as the legitimate heir of OOo, and as such adopted by a
growing number of public administrations, enterprises and SMBs for
desktop productivity.

TDF is accessible to individuals and organizations who agree with its
core values and contribute to its activities. At the end of September
2014, the foundation has over 200 members and over 3,000 volunteer
contributors worldwide.

Short link to the blog post: http://wp.me/p1byPE-vF.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob IT +39.348.5653829 - mob EU +39.392.7481795